WASHINGTON, DC – October 20, 2020 – FiscalNote, a global technology and media company, today announces its premier sponsorship of The Advocacy Association’s Top Twenty in 20 in recognition of excellence in advocacy.
Nominated by peers, these advocacy professionals have been selected for their leadership in innovation, thought leadership, mentoring and community engagement.
“Advocacy is more important than ever in today’s increasingly uncertain and complex world,” says FiscalNote’s General Manager of Advocacy, Krystal Putman-Garcia. “These individuals have had a tremendous impact in advancing the mission of their respective organizations. We are thrilled to honor and recognize their accomplishments.”
These individuals represent the remarkable work that advocacy
professionals have been doing during a very trying year. They have risen
to the challenge and have achieved incredible results despite major
obstacles to traditional advocacy work.
“We are thankful to FiscalNote, as a leader in the advocacy community, and that is why we chose them as our inaugural partner to recognize these remarkable individuals,” says Joe Franco, President of The Advocacy Association. “These advocacy professionals have clearly demonstrated that advocacy can move mountains. They have successfully guided advocacy campaigns during a pandemic and delivered incredible results despite the challenges that exist.”
The Advocacy Association launched in Spring 2020 when The Grassroots Professional Network and the Advocacy Leaders Network combined forces to further support advocacy professionals nationwide and advance the interests of the industry.
To cement the honor and celebrate the awards, The Advocacy Association is hosting an online networking reception for the winners today, October 20th from 4:30-6:30 pm ET. Click here to register.
"These individuals have had a tremendous impact in advancing the mission of their respective organizations. We are thrilled to honor and recognize their accomplishments."Krystal Putman-Garcia, Vice President of Marketing & GM of Advocacy
Here is the full list of winners:
- Philip Kahn-Pauli - Policy and Practices Director, Respectability
- Andy Polk - Senior Vice President, Footwear Distributors and Retailers of America
- Sean Hughes - Director of Corporate Affairs, Coach USA/Megabus
- Richard James Burgess - President and CEO, American Association of Independent Music
- Jessica Cooper - Grassroots Director, National Federation of Independent Business
- Katelyn Moga-Gesing - National Advocacy Manager, Nurse Family Partnership
- Blake Major - Director, Grassroots and Communications, Mass Mutual
- Ashley Lerner - Grassroots Manager, General Motors
- Thao Nguyen - Vice President of Advocacy, Feeding America
- Paul Richman - Chief Government and Political Affairs Officer, Insured Retirement Institute
- Nate King - National Director of Advocacy & Mobilization, International Justice Mission
- Peter Aiello - Sr. Manager of ADPAC & Political Affairs, American Dental Association
- Ginny Badanes - Director of Strategic Projects, Cybersecurity & Democracy, Microsoft
- Kristen Prather - Director of State Grassroots Programs, Credit Union National Association
- Melissa Horn - State and Local Policy Representative, National Association of Realtors
- Kathleen Gamble - Director, Political Affairs, American Trucking Associations
- Jonathan McGee - Interim Deputy Director of Minority Economic Empowerment, State of Illinois
- Jordan Craig - Manager of Government and Industry Affairs, American Forest & Paper Association
- Brenda Gadd - Coalition Manager, Welcome Home! Movement For Affordable Housing
- Laura Brigandi - Sr. Manager of Advocacy & Campaigns, Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
FiscalNote is a global technology and media company focused on delivering timely and relevant policy information in a complex and evolving world. More than 4,000 clients worldwide rely on FiscalNote for policy news & analysis, tracking, stakeholder management, collaboration and advocacy tools.
About The Advocacy Association
The Advocacy Association serves as the premier, non-partisan organization for advocacy professionals throughout the country. We provide professionals with free or low-cost educational and networking events, as well as an arena for thought leadership and the development of resources to benefit our community.
To learn more, visit advocacyassociation.org.