Cookie data. We may use "cookies" (a small text file sent by your computer each time you visit our site) or similar technologies to record log data. They are unique to your account or your browser. Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them or until they expire. Many browsers default to accepting cookies. You may be able to change this setting in your browser and you can also clear your cookies. If you do, you may lose some functionality of our site. Check your browser’s help function to learn more about your cookie setting options.
To find out more about cookies, you can visit this site.
We may use the following types of cookies in relation to certain FiscalNote Services:
- Essential cookies: These cookies help run our site and make your experience better. These include cookies that allow you access to a members only part of the site or help the content of our site load quickly. These cookies are only used to provide you with the FiscalNote Services.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the site to remember preferences you have selected such as login details or other selections you may have made. These are designed to make it easier to use our site and not have to set the same preferences every time.
- Social Media cookies: We use social media tools on our site and these cookies allow the social media network to record when you have liked or engaged with a social media tool on our site. In some situations, the social network may send us data that you have set to share. If you do not want the social media network to share information with us, please check your privacy settings with the social media network.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies can track browsing habits as you visit the site. Based on your browsing history and with our permission, we use third party advertising partners who can then display to you a relevant ad when you are on our site or on a third-party site such as a social media platform. Within these cookies, we may also know your precise location such as latitude, longitude, GeoIP, and other location specific information. When you use our websites, we share information that we may collect from you, such as your email (in hashed form), IP address or information about your browser or operating system, with our service providers, who may in turn use our first party cookie on your browser to match your shared information to their marketing databases in order to provide back a pseudonymous privacy-centric identifier for our use in real time bidding in digital advertising. These third parties may in turn link further demographic or interest-based information to your browser. Please see below for your choices on cookies in the use of advertising.
- To help us make emails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open email from us if your computer supports such capabilities. You can opt out of receiving emails from us.
- We might also use a pixel tag which is a small graphic file that allows us and third parties to monitor the use of the FiscalNote Services and provide us with information based on your interaction with the site. These tags may collect the IP address from the device which you loaded the page, the browser type. Pixel tags are also used by our third parties to collect information when you visit our site, the links and other actions you take on our site, and we may use this information in combination with cookies to display targeted advertisements.
- Analytics: These cookies collect information about who is visiting our site and how users engage with our site. This information does not identify any individual user. It is aggregated and anonymous. Information included in this analysis is number of visitors to our site, referring websites, pages visited while on this site, time of day visited our site, if this is a new or repeat visitor, and other comparable information. This information is used to help us understand the usage of our site, improve and operate our services more efficiently and to monitor the activity on our site. For example, the Site uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics may set cookies on your browser or mobile device or read cookies that are already there to collect information. Google Analytics may also receive information about you from apps you have downloaded that partner with Google. Google Analytics collects information such as how often you use the Site and how you use the Site. We use the information provided by Google Analytics to improve the Site and Service. For more information regarding how Google collects, uses and shares your information and how to opt out of certain uses please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Want to change your cookie preferences?
Some users prefer to customize what cookies they allow. Below are a list of resources that can help you determine and customize your cookie preferences.
Browser manufacturers provide help pages relating to cookie management in their products. Please see below for more information.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari (Desktop)
- Safari (Mobile)
- Android Browser
- Opera Mobile
- Brave Browser
For other browsers, please consult the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides.
To learn more about how to opt out of Google's use of the Google Analytics cookie, visit the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on at //tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. To opt out of targeted advertising from LiveRamp's Authenticated Targeting Solution, please click here: //liveramp.com/opt_out/.